Now available in softcover from Routledge/Taylor & Francis, the 2008 Lammy finalist book on the Kinsey Sexagennial.
Bisexual Perspectives on the Life and Work
of Alfred C. Kinsey
Ron J. Suresha, editor
The books commonly known as the Kinsey Report were Dr Alfred C. Kinsey’s monumental scientific publishing achievement in 1948, often compared to the atomic bomb for its impact on the American public. On the sexagennial anniversary of the publication of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, this book focuses on Alfred C. Kinsey’s work and life. Sixteen chapters consider the Kinsey legacy, tracing the development of modern American bisexuality, and posing an intriguing and illuminating look at many aspects of bisexuality in Kinsey’s life as depicted and lived in popular biographical culture and media.
Contributors to this stellar collection of outstanding writing include the final surviving member of Kinsey’s original research team, Dr Paul H. Gebhard, PhD, as well as leading names in the fields of sex research, GLBTIQA activism, and bisexual writing.
This book was published as a special issue of the Journal of Bisexuality and was a Finalist for the Lambda Literary Award for Excellence in Bisexual Literature.
Like Bisexual Perspectives on the Life and Work of Alfred C. Kinsey on Facebook here.
Bisexual Perspectives on the Life and Work of Alfred C. Kinsey
1. Introduction Ron Jackson Suresha
Part 1 HISTORY AND METHODS
2. Kinsey and Beyond: Past, Present, and Future Considerations for Research on Male Bisexuality Brian Dodge, Michael Reece, and Paul H. Gebhard
3. Bisexuality in the Kinsey-Klein Continuum: An Interview With Kinsey Institute Scholar Dr. John Bancroft Jonathan Alexander and Ron Jackson Suresha
4. Kinsey and the Case for Bisexual Civil Rights: An Interview with Yale Legal Scholar Kenji Yoshino Ron Jackson Suresha and Jonathan Alexander
5. “Properly Placed before the Public”: Publication and Translation of the Kinsey Reports Ron Jackson Suresha
Part 2 THE KINSEY FACTOR
6. Kinsey and the Politics of Bisexual Authenticity Jennifer E. Germon
7. The Kinsey Scale and the Pashtun: The Role of Culture in Measuring Sexual Orientation William E. Burleson
8. Kinsey, Bisexuality, and the Case Against Dualism Stephanie Fairyington
9. Encountering Kinsey Confidentially: A Sexagennial Walkabout of Kinsey’s Bloomington Ron Jackson Suresha
10. Daughter of Kinsey Carol Queen
Part 3 BISEXUAL SOURCES AND MEDIA OUTLETS
11. Moving Closer to the Middle: Kinsey the Movie, and Its Rocky Road to Bisexual Acceptance Mike Szymanski
12. The Science of Sex: T. C. Boyle on his Inner Circle, Alfred Kinsey, and the Fine Line Between Fact and Fiction David L. Ulin
13. Between Red Covers (Fiction) Jay Neal
14. Let’s Read about (Bi)Sex: A Kinsey Bisexuality Reading/Viewing List Ron Jackson Suresha
Paperback: $48.95 978-0-415-85274-6 February 9th 2015
Hardback: $135.00 978-0-415-87175-4 November 12th 2009
Originally published 2008 by Haworth/Harrington Park Press